If your Software does not recognize the SCIO device, one of the following reasons could apply:
- the driver of the device is not installed correctly
- the communication (COM) port is not set to COM1 (only applies to 2014, 2016, and the older versions of 2018 (if the desktop icon is the butterfly).
- the type of the device is not set in the Interface Type program
Please try one or all of the following suggestions:
- unplug the USB cable from the SCIO device and plug it back in
- unplug the USB cable from the computer and plug it back in
- plug the USB cable in a different USB port of your computer
If none of these suggestions work, please check whether your driver is installed successfully (See ‘How can I install the USB driver of the SCIO device?'), that the communication (COM) port is set to COM1 (See ‘Confguring the SCIO System’s communication port (COM port)') and that the type of the device is set in the Interface Type program (See ‘Choosing your Interface Type’).