Kindly note that this process is only needed for Eductor64 software versions older that 3-3-2018, September 2020.
The latest Eductor64 software auto detects the COM Port and there is no need to set the port number to 1.
Should you have an older version, follow the steps below to configure the COM Port in Windows 7:
- Right click on the 'Computer' icon on your desktop. If you cannot find this icon on the desktop, open the 'Start menu' and look for the 'Computer' icon there and right click on it.
- From the drop down menu please click on 'Manage'.
- Please click on 'Device Manager' on the left side list.
- On the right side please search for 'Ports (COM & LPT)' and double click on it.
- If you have a SCIO USB to USB , you will see the 'USB Serial Port (COMx)' driver (x is a number). If you have a Serial to USB SCIO, you will see the installed USB to Serial converter cable’s driver.
- Please right click on the driver and choose 'Properties' from the drop down menu.
- Choose the 'Port Settings' tab in the next window.
- Set the Bits per second to 115200.
- Click on 'Advanced' button.
- You will now see a 'COM port number:' label and a COMx next to it in a list box. Please set it to COM1 and click on 'OK'.
- Click on 'OK' again and then close the 'Computer Management' window.
You have now successfully set up your Communication Port!